Despite benign intentions, implementing EU legislation often leads to more bureaucracy, less transparency and less efficiency, while cutting administrative costs and reducing public debts enables more transparency and more efficient services. New Direction presents best practices from EU Member States, and case studies that show that less can be often more.
- How can we cut the costs of the EU and its institutions?
- What will be the effects of EU regulation on national economies?
- What happens to the money on the EU?
- The role and the costs of the EP
- Over-implementation of EU legislation
- Ways to reduce public deficits
- Improvements in democratic accountability
- Making the Services Directive work