Europe is at a crossroads. It might take a course towards a more integrated European Union or closer to a community of sovereign nations. New Direction looks to promote an in-depth debate on how to reform the EU and its institutions in order to allow for a more flexible Europe with overlapping circles of engagement.
- Europe 2030—what does a flexible and competitive EU could look like?
- To what extent is the European Court of Justice a federalising institution?
- Keeping the EU out of areas of national competence
- A community of sovereign nations as alternative to an integrated European state
- Any need for direct EU Taxes?
- Troubled Partnerships
- Resolving issues of intellectual property rights in the EU
- The impact of EU institutions on individual freedoms
Ending Excess - Cutting the Costs of the European Parliament [Kindle version]