In face of the financial and economic crisis, the world has been searching for ways to prevent future crises. More restrictive regulation of the economy and financial markets has become the mainstream political mantra.
New Direction looks for alternative ways to improve Europe’s competitiveness and economic growth, and for answers to the following questions:
- What are the important factors in competitiveness and growth?
- How do EU Member States compare globally?
- How might the EU help firms increase productivity?
- How can a functioning digital Single Market be delivered?
- How is innovation in SMEs to be encouraged?
- How can the EU Research Area be reformed?
- How can the protection of intellectual property rights enrich Europe?
The tax burden of typical workers in the EU 27 [Kindle version]